Tuesday, February 22, 2011

When you let go, your body does too...

Its a scary scary proposition to think that you could eat right, exercise, and STILL not see progress.  I'm glad I remained committed to my success, even after a rough first week on the scale.


This week I took my time.  I ate SENSIBLY... and I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend runs - even though the second one was in the middle of DeathStorm 2011.


I learned something else very valuable this week.  Well, I always knew in theory, but this week I experienced it: 


Stress has the ability to shut down your whole life.  


They say stress will cause you to not lose weight.... it also caused me to not do housework, not workout properly, and overall feel like a bag of crap.  But that's life right? We can try to manage stress, and try to stay "up and happy" all the time, but its just not possible.  Life is hard.  It is meant to provide us with challenges that will ultimately make us better people while we're here.  I'm not assuming that I'm sending out groundbreaking information, but reminders may be of help for anyone who is feeling particularly stressed. :-)


It took till midweek for me to truly let go of the stress, and get back to focusing on ME and MY FAMILY, which is when the weight must have just melted.... because I LOST 3 LBS THIS WEEK!!! WOOOT WOOOT!!!


WEIGHT CHANGE
- 3 lbs

HOW MANY LBS TO GO
14

GREAT HEALTHY FIND OF THE WEEK
Walmart has these GREAT tortilla chips as salad-toppers, a great salty flavourful addition to a salad for only 30cals per serving (serving size 2tbsp)

INDULGENCE OF THE WEEK
 I did have a gyro and fries for dinner once this week... It was yummy!

COMMENTS ON ANY FEEDBACK FROM THE PREVIOUS POSTING
I've started getting feedback on YOUR weight loss! I LOVE IT!! We can do this together!!! PLEASE feel free to add your own "healthy finds" in the comments of this blog.  We can do this!!!

IN MY OPINION....
Also, I attended the "Fit Expo" in Windsor this past weekend and was sorely disappointed.  For every decent informative booth, there was a "get slim with no hard work" scam booth.  I understand that they are paying to see the health conscious attendees, but if Windsor-Essex truly wants to create a GET HEALTHY expo, they should fill a hall with true long term health solutions.... 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! This was my dreaded 2 week weigh in and I am only down two pounds (162) total for 2 weeks :( Mayor frowny face!!! I have some good goals for this week and my #1 is to get more/better sleep....might mean having to kick Steve out of the bed if his sinuses act up (JK)but I NEEEEED more sleep. That might be my key to loosing weight. I agree with you about stress. This past year has been a stressfull one for the family and I feel it (on my hips I guess). I am making headway with my resolutions in other regards though and have just been accepted as the new Co-Run-Director for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation 'Run for the Cure' Charity Run on October 2nd - you should run that one (good pace run for Detroit). I am all pumped about it, it is a big responsibility, but such a good cause that is just thrills me to step up my community involvement as a volunteer. CBCF is sending me for a training conference for it at the beginning of March, but we should maybe get together in the second week of March, run first then sushi???

    ReplyDelete