Monday, February 28, 2011

Tiny Step in the Right Direction is STILL a Step in the Right Direction

PHEW! Another week of weight loss - somehow!


I stepped on the scale to see a 1.5lb loss which brings me to an even 163.  When I look back at all the indulgences with food, I'm almost shocked that I was able to post a loss at all.


I want to keep this blog about weight, but I have to let you in to my personal life for just a moment, so you can see how one day can shape the entire week.


The most critical day of my week... THURSDAY.


So, I had a date - a pretty important date.  It was THE date that I cooked for him for the first time.  I don't cook for just anyone, so Thursday was a big deal.  Of course, like any accommodating woman, I wanted to cook his favourite meal.  What does a man in his late 20's want? 


Shrimp and Pasta in a cream sauce.... Shoot me right in the scale - right now....


Not only did he request a calorie king for dinner, but since I'd be preparing on a week-night I had zero time before dinner to get out for a run.  Yes, Thursday is my run day.  So instead of burning 750cals and a sensible dinner (which is my Thursday norm), I did NOT run, and ate my fair share of shrimp and pasta instead (I'm a damn good cook, what can I say?!).


Thursday easily ended up with a 2,000 calorie swing (instead of being down 750 cals, I easily consumed 1200 cals with dinner - pasta, caesar salad, wine...).


It was worth it though, because dinner was a hit!


I have to remember, there is a big difference between an indulgence and a habit.  I enjoyed the dinner I had, but am well aware of the affect it had on my week as a whole.  


For me, this awareness is critical to my success in fighting my fat war. 


Every action has a consequence.  WE ARE WORTH IT to figure out what those consequences are, and how to effectively manage them.



WEIGHT CHANGE 
Down 1.5lbs - now an even 163

HOW MANY LBS TO GO
13lbs

GREAT HEALTHY FIND OF THE WEEK
This may sound juvenile, but you'll thank me if you're ever in this spot... After dancing all night Saturday downtown, ALL I WANTED WAS FAST FOOD but I talked myself into going home to eat... once there I grabbed a Fibre One bar (140 cals).  I felt SO GOOD about my decision the next morning!

INDULGENCE OF THE WEEK
Shrimp and Linguine pasta in a cream sauce.... but you knew that already lol...

Also, I took a coworker out for lunch for his bday, and I had a Gyro and Sweet Potato fries... BAHHHH it is SO EASY to forget the additional calories I had already indulged in when I don't write them down properly!!

COMMENTS ON ANY FEEDBACK FROM THE PREVIOUS POSTING
More of you are sending comments on your weight loss!! I LOVE IT!!! It is so inspiring to see that we can all do this!! I've also gotten a few messages on new workout DVDs and ideas, so please keep the comments coming! An ounce of information goes a long way! We'll all be in bathing suit bodies before we know it!! 

1 comment:

  1. Keep you posted on my progress or lack thereof...indulgence this weekend...400kcal piece of plain cheesecake with strawberries and 3 glasses of prosecco ...all during the Oscar's. Hip/gluteus minimus still bugging me...so, no long runs this week just 3x4miles on the treadmill (very boring). We have to meet up to run sometime soon. Where do you usually run? Malden, Riverfront, Ganatchio, Chrysler Greenway?

    ReplyDelete