Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Scale

So, I knew I wasn't going to touch that scale.... until of course I could run.  Last Saturday, I ran.... I probably ran 4 miles out of a 6.5 mile outing.  All day Sunday I had no pain which meant Monday would be the "day".

I woke up Monday morning and stepped on the scale.  167.

July 2010 I reached my lowest weight of 154.  October 2010 I was 157 and was ok with gaining some over the holidays... but 167?

Ah well, I knew what to do next - find my BMR calculator and plan my success strategy.  Here's what the BMR calculator does for you...

"This weight loss calculator is a great way to determine your daily calorie intake as well as find out how long will it take for you to lose the weight. 

This weight loss tool lets you pick the number of pounds you want to lose in a month. Just plug in your gender, age, current weight, goal weight and activity level. Then use the slider to pick the number of pounds you want to lose each month. "

Here's what my BMR calculator said:


If you want to see what the calculator can say for you, follow this link:


So, I decided to round down a bit... my calorie goal per day is 1550.  Also, I will be running at least 3x per week, and will be doing my workout DVDs twice a week.  Every Monday will be my weigh-in, and from here on out, I'll be posting my results on Mondays.  Here's what you'll expect from me:

WEIGHT CHANGE
HOW MANY LBS TO GO
GREAT HEALTHY FIND OF THE WEEK
INDULGENCE OF THE WEEK
COMMENTS ON ANY FEEDBACK FROM THE PREVIOUS POSTING

There will be challenges along the way.  I am committed to giving you an honest representation of what its like for a single mom with a full time career on a tight budget to lose weight and train... because oh ya, I'm registered for the Free Press Half Marathon which is just over 8 months away EEEEK! 

No comments:

Post a Comment