Monday, February 14, 2011

The Scale Don't Lie!!!

You need to know I'm a sports fanatic, so this title is homage to Rasheed Wallace circa 2004.


I digress...


I had a rollercoaster week to say the least.  I started off (like most dieters do) all 'gung-ho' and ready to do this. I counted all my calories and worked out quite a bit.  I'm embarrassed to say (but I promised honesty), that by the weekend I felt the most ridiculous sense of self-entitlement that ultimately was the demise of my week.


I also learned one valuable lesson for my success.  If I don't have proper healthy groceries in my house, I WILL FAIL.  


On Saturday, I ordered food at 3 - COUNT 'EM THREE - different (unhealthy) places.  I promised full disclosure so as much as it pains me to face this, I'm posting it.  Mentally I have a LOT of work to do.  


So what's different THIS time? Well, in recent years I would have said "To hell with it - I tried" and just give up. 


Not this time.  


I'm taking every experience as a learning experience, in life and in weight loss.  This is my chance to let anyone else know it is very important to acknowledge your conduct.  This is the best and maybe the only way to truly learn from it and ultimately overcome it.  I have a million "reasons" why I acted the way I did with my nutrition this weekend, but none of them matter because at the end of the day I know I sabotaged my own success this week. 


Thankfully I did walk a total of 12km on lunch this week and ran/walked a total of 17miles this week. Imagine if I didn't... 


BUT THIS IS A NEW WEEK.


Ok enough babble, here's the guts of my week health-wise:


WEIGHT CHANGE 
Zero Change.  Still 167.  So its a damn good thing I did work out otherwise this could have been very bad for me.

HOW MANY LBS TO GO
17.

GREAT HEALTHY FIND OF THE WEEK
I was ecstatic to know that my sushi order is only approx. 600 cals! 
2 avocado rolls (140 cals each)
1 philly roll (approx. 330 cals)

I also tried Mahi Mahi, and at Casey's its only 570 cals for the dinner which includes rice and veggies (if you hold the mango jelly goop)!!

INDULGENCE OF THE WEEK
The whole weekend.... and not only did I eat horribly, it also made me feel like garbage so I got zero housework done... ugh! Its NOT WORTH IT to be unhealthy!

COMMENTS ON ANY FEEDBACK FROM THE PREVIOUS POSTING
Last week I got a few facebook inbox messages saying I was an inspiration and people enjoyed reading my story.  This is all the more reason why I need to be completely honest in my postings.   

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. I need to start counting calories and I totally hear you about sense of entitlement...gets me every time "Hey, I worked out hard therefore I deserve >>insert no-good for you snack food of choice here<<. Last weigh in was Thursday, down 2 lbs to 160 lbs but the story might be different today...little OD on wine and chocolate yesterday....

    ReplyDelete