Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Post-Race Blog (surviving the Miracle 10-Miler)

All that training, all those hills, all the words of encouragement - and its all over.
 
I finished the Miracle 10 Miler at Malden Park with the following times:
 
2010 - 1:59:30
2011 - 1:52:25
 
Although I didn't quite finish with the time I wanted, I can't complain about shaving 7 minutes off my time in the span of one year (especially when that one year included a broken foot).
 
My mom KICKED BUTT AND WON HER AGE GROUP!!! She also did a healthy whoopin of MY butt as she finished with a time of 1:41.
 
Ali, one of my dear BFFs completed her FIRST EVER 10 mile race, and finished NOT EVEN CLOSE to dead last, with an impressive time of 2:01 - killing her goal  time!
 
It was difficult for me to mind my nutrition this past week, because leading up to the race I ended up with a horrible cold and fever, and needed to just eat and rest and respond to whatever my body requested, so that I could get back out on the road before the race.
 
I was afraid to weigh in this week because I KNEW how much I had eaten.  One night when my fever was really bad, I ACTUALLY ATE 2 DINNERS... 2 WHOLE DINNERS.... 
 
But the scale was kind to me this am..... 
 
This Friday though is the Detroit Tigers Home Opener... Lets see how disciplined I can be...
 
WEIGHT CHANGE 
-1.5 lbs!!

HOW MANY LBS TO GO
11.5lbs - yes, now that I'm this close - I'm counting half-pounds.  Deal with it.

GREAT HEALTHY FIND OF THE WEEK
I listened to my body this week.  Rest when it needed it, Ate when it needed it, and tried my best to just get better instead of draining myself through a cold.  It was difficult to not work out and to knowingly eat "more", but I'm glad I listened!

INDULGENCE OF THE WEEK
I had a couple of beers Friday night at the OHL Spits Game, and a Smoothie from an ice-cream store which could have been 200 cals or 2,000 - I wasn't sure because it wasn't listed.

COMMENTS ON ANY FEEDBACK FROM THE PREVIOUS POSTING
Thanks for all the well wishes on my race and my accomplishments thus far! I have a new mission now: OPERATION BIKINI SEASON. (one word - eeeeeeeeeeek!)

No comments:

Post a Comment