Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cleanliness is next to Godliness - or Goddessness :)

I kept repeating to myself "I gotta have a CLEAN week"... 
 
No fast food, no outrageous lunch or dinner orders, NO OVERDOSING ON TIMBITS.
 
And what do ya know?! IT WORKED!! I posted a significant loss and I feel AWESOME!  No guilt and no stress from "oh man I hope all this crap I ate doesn't show up on the scale" 
 
... ya right.
 
One of my favourite current sports figures once said: "Hope is not a Strategy."  
 
Truer words were never spoken.  I'm glad that for this week, I had the guts to take charge.  I PLAN - NOT HOPE - for a repeat performance every week from now till Race Day.
 
My deadline is approaching - remember? I picked a date waaaaaaaaayyyy off into the distance to give myself more than a reasonable amount of time to reach my goal weight.  Well, now I have somewhere in the neighbourhood of 20 days remaining.
 
MAY 15, 2011.
 
This is the day I stop weighing myself, stop stressing about the last few pounds and officially enjoy a responsible and active summer.
 
I think I might extend my deadline though - to May 29th - the day of my first half marathon of the year.
 
This way I can discuss training as well as weight loss and end this series of blogs with a final weight and a finish time of the Buffalo half marathon.  Sound good? Good.  Then its settled. :)
 
WEIGHT CHANGE 
-3.5lbs - HELL YA!!!!!!

HOW MANY LBS TO GO
10lbs

GREAT HEALTHY FIND OF THE WEEK
Everything my mama put on the table for Easter Dinner!  She made an amazing lentil casserole (with cheese), made garlic mashed cauliflower (not a typo - try it sometime!), a type of zucchini bake, a KICK ASS coleslaw (that I hope she makes at every holiday now), and my Grandma brought the turkey! Oh yes, it helps when dessert is only 120cals a serving as well!  Holiday dinners can still be GOOD even when they're good FOR you, and when they're THAT healthy, you need not worry so much about reaching out for seconds - I know I did!

INDULGENCE OF THE WEEK
Hmm... I didn't really have any.  I went out on the town two nights this week, both nights I drank my signature Vodka/Diet (60cals/serving) and made sure I drank a big glass of water between each drink.  I must pat myself on the back, because I did well without sacrificing much this week... and of course the thought is immediately - WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS ALL ALONG? - but that question needs to be removed from my mind, because it is more important to learn as I go and keep forging ahead!

COMMENTS ON ANY FEEDBACK FROM THE PREVIOUS POSTING
Other people really use their own "support groups" as well! And it seems as though those people who don't have a strong support system around them have a much tougher time sticking with their 'program'.  I am no expert on anything, except maybe rambling on and on and on and on, but if there is anything I can do; lend an ear, share some stories, show up and go for a walk... DO NOT HESITATE.  
 
Life is best served among friends who live it to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment