Tuesday, March 29, 2011

An Uphill Battle

Well a lot changed AGAIN in my life this week.  I ended my tenure with one company and began a new journey on Monday.
 
I have also been training for the Miracle 10 Miler race which takes place in just 5 days.  For my local readers you know "big bertha" all too well as the massive hill inside of Malden Park.  This 10 mile hilly race treks up Bertha 3 times...
 
This will be my 2nd time running the race.  I ran it last year and if not for my amazing mom who didn't leave my side the whole race,  I would have finished dead last.  She finished 1 second behind me crossing the mat.
 
This week as I prepare for my new career challenge and my 10 mile race I am reminded that the only competition I have is myself.  
 
I set my goals; it is up to ME to reach them.
 
Running, weight loss, career choices.... the loneliest set of challenges on the planet.  No two people will experience the same, no two people will have the same highs and lows...   

Together though, we know, we just gotta keep goin'.

WEIGHT CHANGE 
+1lb - I did extra weights and hill training so I'm hoping that's a pound of pure muscle that will power me through this race and help me kick the proverbial ass of the finish time 1:59:30.

HOW MANY LBS TO GO
13lbs

GREAT HEALTHY FIND OF THE WEEK
I went back to a suggestion from a friend this week (thanks M) - awesome recipes can be found at www.eatshrinkandbemerry.com 

Time to break out some new spring and summer recipes!

INDULGENCE OF THE WEEK
My colleagues from my old position took me for greasy battered chinese food.  *twist my arm*

COMMENTS ON ANY FEEDBACK FROM THE PREVIOUS POSTING
I gained a new "follower"! yay!! I'm also starting to get flack  from people when I don't post on time... guess that means I'm mildly entertaining - which is awesome! 
 
HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE! AND WISH ALISON, PENNIE, AND I LUCK AT THE 10 MILER!!

1 comment:

  1. Were SO proud of you Brandy!

    Can't wait to run our "FIRST" official race together!

    ~Alison~

    ReplyDelete