Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Its NEVER too late to be brand new.

Work out ALL you want, but if a restaurant is preparing your food all week and you have no say - the sweat will all be for not.

As you can probably guess, I got VERY lazy last week.  Not only did I NOT have the proper groceries and prepare my meals, I didn't even TRACK my meals this week!

If I think back... I ate at least 3 "chicken something sandwiches" from random restaurants, I ate sushi (which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't order my 'dinner order' on a random lunch hour), I even had a Tim Horton's breakfast sandwich at some point, and more timbits than I care to recount...

We all have bad weeks.

No, I'm not a huge Taylor Swift fan, but when I heard this line it rang true and I use it whenever it fits - and it fits describing my attitude from here on out...

TODAY IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE BRAND NEW.

I have work to do - I got away with a rough week last week, but not two weeks in a row!! Let this be my wakeup call!

Even if not just for the weight gain - because yes there was weight gain.  

I need the proper nutrition to fuel my body to knock 6 minutes off my 1/2 Marathon time in just 39 days!!
 
WEIGHT CHANGE 
+2lbs

HOW MANY LBS TO GO
13.5lbs

GREAT HEALTHY FIND OF THE WEEK
Its ok to add your own ingredients to a home-cooked meal even if the meal isn't at your place! While away this weekend I grew a conscience about some of my food choices earlier in the week.  Although it felt a bit awkward discussing the menu for dinner at my friends parents house 4 hours from home, I did mention that I'd like to stop at a grocery store so I can make a salad (with the particular ingredients that I like), and the idea was welcomed with open arms!  Making the right choices for yourself are easy if you just SPEAK UP! Good people in your life will support you no matter what!

INDULGENCE OF THE WEEK
See paragraph #3

COMMENTS ON ANY FEEDBACK FROM THE PREVIOUS POSTING
I offered to help with a TRULY BEGINNER learn to run clinic in May.  I'm so encouraged by the amount of friends and family that are interested in joining! I will do my best to keep you all posted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment