Monday, March 21, 2011

COME ON SPRING!!!

An ounce of warm weather did wonders for my soul this week.  It was awesome to spend the better part of Thursday walking through the downtown core celebrating on behalf of the Irish.  Walk enough and you can negate that green beer!

I got back into my strength training DVD and capped my week off doing Yoga last night.

I had a bit more chocolate than is necessary for a grown woman, but I really did attempt to buckle down.

This week I focused on my mood, and focused on stress levels.  I leaned on my friends QUITE A BIT for support when I needed it, and tried not to bottle any emotions inside.  I also learned to let things go... 

I decided on a new mantra:

I DO NOT HAVE THE ENERGY TO WORRY ABOUT ________ .  WHATEVER WILL BE WILL BE.  I HAVE DONE MY BEST IN THIS PARTICULAR SITUATION AND NOW ITS TIME TO SHIFT MY FOCUS TO SOMETHING I CAN POSITIVELY IMPACT VS. SENSELESSLY WORRY ABOUT. 

Its not groundbreaking I know, but its maybe a nice reminder as a focal point, especially for people like me who focus our energy on things we cannot change.  

WEIGHT CHANGE 
-1lb (whoohoo)

HOW MANY LBS TO GO
12lbs

GREAT HEALTHY FIND OF THE WEEK
I baked Talapia for the first time this weekend (a thin mild white fish).  It was great (and cheap), and very low calorie.  If you like breaded fish (like I do), cut half the calories by only battering and breading the top side of the fillet.  All the flavour and half the bread/batter.  Next time you bread chicken or fish or anything, give it a shot!

INDULGENCE OF THE WEEK
I did have a green beer, and  I did stop for food at the end of the night on St. Patty's day.  

COMMENTS ON ANY FEEDBACK FROM THE PREVIOUS POSTING
I am brutally honest in every blog.  I'm not looking for compliments or reassurance.  I am simply telling my story.  I'm not just trying to get a reaction.  Since this is the case - I am always pleasantly surprised and thoroughly enjoy every reaction I get, whether its here or on my facebook or in person or otherwise.  I'm glad to know that you not only get something out of my story, but also can offer some tips for me as well.  I do NOT have all the answers.  I am NOT a professional.  I'm just a girl that hopes her story can help you in whatever life throws at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment