Monday, March 14, 2011

Enough with talking the talk.... TIME TO WALK THE WALK

OK BRANDY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

I know what needs to be done, I know how to do it, and I know it will give me the results I am so eager to achieve.  

Why am I not following my own plan? 

Why am I sabotaging my own success? 

What am I so afraid of? 

Why don't I have the discipline?

Please tell me I'm not the only one that asks these internal questions... Help me to know that I'm not a nutcase lol.

I was a pastry disaster this week.  Paczki day wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have TWO AND A HALF.  The next day would have been alright if I didn't proceed to eat 2 Eclairs (and not even think to bring one home for my son).  And there are PLENTY of people that would appreciate a tab for a free donut from Timmys Roll Up The Rim if I'd only give those away and not feel the need to cash it in same-day.

I used the excuse of stress and the fact that I was resigning from my position with my current company as the 'reasons' I 'deserved' crap food.

Why do I have this sense of entitlement to sabotage my success? UGH! The only thing that's worse at the end, is when I finally decided to smarten up on the weekend, I worked my BUTT off and actually ran 18 miles in one day.  EIGHTEEN MILES - IN ONE DAY.  

I had to run 18 miles in one day (on top of my regular workout routine) just to negate the horrific pastry choices of the week.  Weight Change? ZERO.

Enough with the excuses.  Enough.  Enough with having to put my honesty on here about the crappy food choices and the insane workouts just to get back to zero.  Enough with the embarrassment of having to publish this information on this blog where my same friends and family call me an "inspiration".  

Its time to walk the walk.

WEIGHT CHANGE 
NO CHANGE 

HOW MANY LBS TO GO
13lbs

GREAT HEALTHY FIND OF THE WEEK
Beverages have calories too.  Be careful what you pick up.  For me, energy drinks will soon be back in my diet as they seem to really help me in warmer weather runs.  Thanks to Aymee I have an obsession with orange G2 Gatorade.  Be Careful though! It boasts "20 Calories" per 8oz serving.  Their bottles are normally 24oz or more - so make sure you do the math and adjust accordingly.  *read the serving size every time*

INDULGENCE OF THE WEEK
Really... do I need to go there... 

COMMENTS ON ANY FEEDBACK FROM THE PREVIOUS POSTING
I ran into a girl from highschool this weekend... we don't really talk but she's on my facebook, and we were very close as teenagers.  We're on the dancefloor at a nightclub and she says "you're an inspiration to me" .... this from a fit woman looking to stay that way as we gracefully enter our 30s.  If you are trying to achieve ANYTHING and you are having success, don't be ashamed to tell the world... you never know who may really benefit from your story.

1 comment:

  1. And just like karma would suggest (or whatever it is you believe in), I WON 2 FREE DONUTS with my two timmys coffees today... but I GAVE THEM AWAY in the hopes that my colleague will send over "Free Coffee" winners if he gets any... so far, i have WON DAY ONE! wooot woot!

    ReplyDelete