Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Some Things Go Beyond Science

I had fast food twice this week... I drank coronas on Cinco de Mayo... I ran less this week because I've started tapering for the half marathon... 
 
SO HOW DID I NOT GAIN THIS WEEK?
 
I mean, I'm happy about it but - ummm WHAT?? 
 
I'm almost to the goal date I set back 2 months ago (May 15th was THE DAY if you recall)... and after all this blogging and all this 'accountability' I've only lost 6-7lbs? I see how so many of us get frustrated and want to quit. 
 
Well I don't care how long it takes me or how many blog posts I have to write - I'm going to quit trying until I see 150 on that scale!
 
My race with Ali is in 18 days.  I have that as my focus and my "weight issue" has been moved to a side bar.  I can't be stressed or worried about anything else other than 2:05:30.  
 
Looking at a whole lifestyle change can be so overwhelming, so here are my 3 main focuses for "health and nutrition" this week: 
 
  • DRINK MORE WATER 
  • DRINK MORE MILK 
  • GET PLENTY OF REST 
 
Between focusing on those and my workouts, along with motherhood and my career, I think I'll have a strong routine set that leaves little wiggle room for error.  Consistency is key for me.   
 
WEIGHT CHANGE 
0

HOW MANY LBS TO GO
11lbs

GREAT HEALTHY FIND OF THE WEEK
Back to playing Volleyball!!! And man oh man I felt the after effects on Friday morning.  That will be a great cardio workout to mix into my routine for sure.

INDULGENCE OF THE WEEK
Grease and Beer.  Yuck.

COMMENTS ON ANY FEEDBACK FROM THE PREVIOUS POSTING
So glad that some readers feed off of my positivity.  I try to be positive - but remain realistic as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment