Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Training for my First Marathon: Weeks 8&9

Well, the nasty flu bug caught me again.  I'm starting to think that this Alopecia is really wearing on my system and all these miles are making me quite susceptible to viruses.  I was better prepared this time and I allowed myself to slow way down and just try to log miles regardless of pace, and I refused to get down on myself.  My poor friends had to put up with this process but they didn't complain one bit.  I have the best friends and running partners on the planet... did I mention that?!

Back to running...so between running and resting I figured it was best to just combine the blogs instead of trying to think of what to write with a foggy brain (insert funny joke here - ha ha).  So my week 8 mileage was 36 miles and my week 9 was 33.  Up next - CUT BACK WEEK!!

And I realized this week my shoes have almost 400 miles on them, and I'm starting to feel back pain and fatigue.  That can only mean one thing.... its time to BUY MY MARATHON SHOES!! Its pretty exciting to think these are the shoes I'm breaking in to run the biggest race of my life! Might sound silly for some but, for me it just makes that light at the end of the tunnel a little brighter!

Its bittersweet though, because my mid-training race is almost here - March 25th 30k Around the Bay in Hamilton Ontario.

I never thought I'd get to the place where I feel "prepared" for a race of that distance, but I really am ready.  The bittersweet part is that this experience is almost over (just over a month to go till Nashville) and also my mom won't be running my long runs with me anymore.  The 30k race is HER longest race ever and its her goal for this spring... so once that's done she really has no reason to run 19 miles the following weekend (or 20 miles the weekend after that) lol.  I wouldn't have gotten through this without her.  I wouldn't get through this LIFE without her, so its only fitting that I lean on her so much for this life-changing experience.

I <3 YOU MOM!

I'm starting to really get excited for this Hamilton race... to be honest up till now I haven't really thought about it or cared about that race... just figured it would be an interesting way to get a long run in... but you can't take the competitor out of this girl... I already have my race plan and goal time set for the 30k - promise that I'll share these HONESTLY once the race is done.

LOOK AT THIS WEATHER!! Doesn't matter if you run, walk, bike or blade... get out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment