Thursday, March 22, 2012

Training for my First Marathon: Week 10

Ahhhh the cutback week.... how BEAUTIFUL it was to see that!! Not only was it a cutback week, but the weather turned SUMMER on us! we went from gloves and tights to fuel belts and running skirts - it was a great no-stress running week for me.

This week I made sure to be on the right schedule for my meds, and was focused on a lot of water intake.  I'm trying to get healthy and be at my best for Around the Bay 30k March 25th.  

Speaking of the race, boy did my heart DROP when I got the email with my Bib #!! I'm just so excited to be completing a race at that distance.  (my bib # is 7055 for anyone wondering lol).

For the first time this week, I also looked ahead in my training schedule.... I realized that I only have TWO MORE long runs after Around the Bay before my marathon!!! The end is IN SIGHT!! I am feeling so good and so excited just to run! I can honestly say that I'm not concerned with goal times - I just want to have a good race and know that I can run 30k (18.64 miles) with hopefully minimal walk breaks.

My next blog will be all about my ATB experience, with likely a zillion photos and insight into the travel and fun times spent with some of the greatest friends a girl could ever ask for.... a preview for Nashville I'm sure!

~just put one foot in front of the other and see what happens~


No comments:

Post a Comment